- General Merchandise Returns
- Textbook & Course Material Returns
- Tool Returns
- Rental Policies
- Mail Services
- Contact Support
General Merchandise Returns
- All refunds must be within 30 days of purchase. A register receipt is required for all returns. Without a register receipt, merchandise may be exchanged, or store gift card issued, minus a 30% restocking fee.
- If you are returning an item purchased online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, order number, item(s) you are returning and reason for return. Return labels will only be sent in cases of damaged or incorrect items.
- If you need to return your order by mail, include a copy of your packing slip that came with your order.
- Returned items can be sent to:
Attn: Online Returns
800 6th Street N.
Wahpeton, ND 58076
- If you would like to exchange an item purchased online in-store, a payment method must be presented in-store along with proof of purchase.
- Merchandise must be in new condition and in original packaging.
- Defective merchandise returned in its original packaging will be exchanged for the exact merchandise only. If we no longer carry the merchandise, a store gift card will be issued.
- All clearance items are considered final sale and may not be returned.
- Store merchandise buyers reserve the right to determine exceptions to the above policies. Refunds are returned in the original method of payment only. Purchases made by personal check-allow 7 days before cash refund is given.
Textbook & Course Material Returns
The following conditions must be met before a refund will be given:
- Textbook refund dates follow the NDSCS Last Day of add/drop for classes for which term the textbook was purchased.
- Proof of purchase must be presented/included for returns and exchanges. Proof of purchase includes your original cash register receipt, an online packing slip or emailed receipt copy. Credit card and bank information are not considered original receipts.
- New course materials must be in their original condition, in the original wrapping in many cases, free from any damage, writing, or highlighting. Packages must be returned with ALL components.
- Course Packs printed at the NDSCS Document Publishing Center are not returnable and will be marked as such.
- Program supply bundles are non-returnable once opened and will be labeled as such.
- Refunds will be given in the original method of payment. Credit card numbers are not printed on your receipt. You must present the credit card or have the credit card number and expiration date in order to get credit. Course materials purchased by check may be accepted for return with cash refund seven business days after purchase to allow check to clear the bank. Store credit can be issued in lieu of waiting for check to clear. Shipping charges are not eligible for refunds. Final return approval will be granted upon inspection. After your return has been received, please allow up to 7 business days for processing.
Returned items can be sent to:
Attn: Online Returns
800 6th Street N.
Wahpeton, ND 58076 back to top
The sale of student tools is considered All Sales Final. Under certain circumstances, exceptions may be approved if specific criteria are met. Contact the Tool Department for additional details.back to top
NDSCS Textbook Rental Agreement
As a low-cost alternative to purchasing course materials, NDSCS students may elect to enter into a rental agreement with the NDSCS Bookstore for available selected textbooks. The rental agreement is effective for the current semester/session only.
Per terms of this agreement, you are responsible for the following:
- NDSCS Student ID is required at the time of the textbook rental transaction.
- All titles for rent are property of the NDSCS Bookstore.
- In accepting the terms of this rental agreement, the student accepts responsibility to use the book and return the rental book to the NDSCS Bookstore by the Rental Due Date.
- Student understands that the rental fee is refundable only if the book is returned prior to the LAST DAY FOR FULL REFUND. The rental fee is not refundable after this date.
- Students are responsible for inspecting the condition of the rental material. Any existing damage must be reported to the NDSCS Bookstore within seven days of rental. The student accepts responsibility for any damage upon return of the rental at the conclusion of the semester.
- Rental textbooks are to be returned in good salable condition as determined at the NDSCS Bookstore. Very limited highlighting and writing are acceptable. The rental item is not in salable condition, for example, if it is damaged by liquids (rain, snow, coffee, juice, etc.), fire (scorched), tooth marks (rodents, pets, etc.), spine damage, or if there are any missing component parts. If the rental textbook is not in salable condition and the return is not accepted, student agrees to pay the Replacement Cost of the rental textbook plus a $25.00 Non-Return Fee for each damaged textbook.
- If the rental textbook is lost, stolen or student decides to keep the textbook, the student can exchange the rental textbook for the purchase price of the textbook PRIOR to the Rental Due Date. The rental fee will be refunded, and the student will be charged the purchase price of the textbook.
- The Rental Due Date can be found on all NDSCS Bookstore Register Receipts and Web Order Receipts. Student accepts responsibility for returning the rental textbook to the NDSCS Bookstore no later than the Rental Due Date. Rental textbooks shipped to the NDSCS Bookstore must be received no later than the Rental Due Date. The NDSCS Bookstore is not responsible for rental textbooks that are lost or delayed in transit via any carrier.
- The NDSCS Bookstore is authorized to charge the student credit card or student account for rental textbooks that are deemed damaged or not returned by the Rental Due Date. The student will be liable for the Replacement Cost of the rental textbook plus a $25.00 Non-Return Fee for each rental not returned. The Replacement Cost of the rental is equal to the full retail value of the textbook.
Returning Rental Textbooks
Students who rent textbooks are REQUIRED to return all rentals that were issued to them. Any rental not returned by the due date will be charged at the full retail value, to the student.
Rental Return Due Date by Term
Spring 2024: May 17, 2024
Summer 2024: Date: tbd
Fall 2024: Date: tbd
Rented textbooks may be returned to the NDSCS Bookstore anytime prior to the due date. Rental returns will also be accepted at NDSCS Fargo during finals weeks or can be dropped off at the reception desk.
If returning by mail,
- Please include your full name, address, phone number, email, student id number, and list of books being returned.
- Rental return shipments are at customers expense.
ALL RENTAL RETURNS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE FRIDAY AFTER THE TERM ENDS.
Send rental textbooks with the above information to:
Attn: Textbook Rental Returns
800 6th Street North
Wahpeton, ND 58076
The NDSCS Bookstore Customer Service counter provides comprehensive mail and shipping services for students.
- Every student is able to have a mailbox assigned to them to receive mail and packages, there is a non-refundable key fee of $5.
- Incoming mail is placed in student boxes as soon as possible each day.
- Incoming packages are placed in package lockers as soon as possible each day, watch your NDSCS email for package notification.
- If keys are forgotten or lost, a new key must be purchased. Bookstore staff are not authorized to hand out mail from the boxes.
- Outgoing USPS mail can be deposited in the mail drop box by the mailboxes.
- Outgoing packages for UPS, FedEx, USPS should be dropped off at Bookstore Customer Service.
The address for student mail is:
NDSCS box number
800 N 6th St
Wahpeton, ND 58076-0001
UPS delivers and picks up each day Monday through Friday. Outbound package cost will depend on the weight and destination of the package. Packages must be correctly addressed and boxed for processing.
U.S. Postal Service
USPS Mail services include standard mail and package services. Registered Mail, Express Mail, and mail destinations outside the United States should be taken to the downtown Post Office. USPS delivers and picks up each morning, Monday through Friday. For additional information, visit the U.S. Postal Service website.back to top
NDSCS Bookstore management reserves the right to determine exceptions to the above policies. This policy applies to in-store and online sales.back to top