The Bookstore provides required, optional and individual student tool orders at discounted educational prices. The Bookstore works closely with our many vendors to offer students the best price on the highest-quality tools available. Purchasing tools is a life-long investment in your career. For any other questions, or for more information about a subject, feel free to email us at [email protected]
The purchase of tools is an investment in your career that will remain with you beyond graduation. NDSCS diligently works through a contract bidding process with leading vendors to ensure we are able to offer students the best price for the highest quality tools chosen by your instructors. While the tools chosen are not the least expensive available, they are what the student needs to complete their education.
Additionally, purchasing your tools from the Bookstore offers you the convenience of knowing you will have the best tools waiting for you when school starts. Skip the hassle, let us do the work for you!
2. Charge your tools at the NDSCS Bookstore to your NDSCS account in order for Financial Aid to apply towards the cost. NDSCS must receive the student’s FAFSA results (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) prior to charging tools.*
Purchasing/charging tools through the NDSCS Bookstore
These steps must be followed:1. Completion of Student Tool Request form and submit it to the Bookstore Tool Department. Typically, this is completed at new student registration.
2. If a tool box upgrade is chosen, payment is required prior to the toolbox being ordered. (Out-of-pocket expense)
3. If undecided at time tool request form is submitted, the student must notify the Bookstore if they choose to purchase from the Bookstore by June 30th.
4. Tools must be paid or charged at the Bookstore upon start of the semester prior to department tool disbursement.
*Need-To-Know information about charging tools toward Financial AidDepending on the student’s program, the cost of the required tools may be substantial; there are times when a student’s Financial Aid for the fall semester may not cover the full balance of their usual expenses (ex. tuition, fees, room, board, etc.) along with the added cost of their tools. This creates a registration issue for the spring semester since students cannot register for future semesters until their current expenses have been paid. To assist with this issue, NDSCS may allow a portion of the tools balance to be deferred until their spring Financial Aid arrives.
To qualify for a deferment:1. Cost of the required tools must be at least $1,500.00 (not including tax)
2. Student must fulfill one of the following criteria:
a. Have enough verifiable financial aid for the spring semester to cover the remaining fall balance.
b. Have verifiable third party payments that will be enough to cover the remaining fall balance (ex. military benefits, trust papers, etc.).
c. Make a personal payment to bring the tool balance down to half of the original purchase price (not including tax); along with an additional Payment Arrangement with the Business Affairs Office stating a similar payment will be made for the remaining balance in the spring semester.
Additional information on deferments: