Sell Your Books Online
The NDSCS Bookstore is providing students with two options to sell your purchased books.
Option 1, sell your books back to the NDSCS Bookstore, so we can keep textbook costs lower for future NDSCS students.
- The NDSCS Bookstore makes every effort to get you the highest price paid for your used textbooks.
- It is our policy to buy every college textbook that you decide is no longer needed or wanted for which there is a resale market.
- DO NOT INCLUDE RENTED TEXTBOOKS from other company's you may have rented from. Be sure your NDSCS Bookstore textbook rentals are labeled if you include them with your buyback textbooks.
- The Bookstore buys back a predetermined quantity of titles that will be used for the upcoming term(s).
Option 2, sell your books to our vendor partner, MBS Books.
- MBS Books will cover shipping, so there's no cost to you. All you have to do is search for the book(s) you want to sell back, print the packing list, select a payment option, print the prepaid shipping label, and ship your book(s).
- DO NOT INCLUDE RENTED TEXTBOOKS from the NDSCS Bookstore or any other company you may have rented from.
- This service is provided by MBS Books. The purchase agreement is between you and MBS Books.
- Sell my textbooks to MBS Books, CLICK HERE
Will you accept my books in any condition?
No. To sell back your books they must not have any of the following:
- Stains or water damage
- Missing, torn or loose pages
- Missing, torn or loose cover
- Excessive writing or marking
- A broken spine
- Torn or damaged binding
You will not receive payment for books that do not meet our minimum standards of quality. If you are unsure of whether or not your book is acceptable, simply ask yourself if you would be satisfied if we sold it back to you.
Do you buy back Course Manuals?
No. Course manuals, working papers, and reprints have no buyback value. Do not send items of no value.
Do I need to bring you the original CD that came with my textbook?
Although we prefer to receive the software that originally came with your textbook, it is often not required. Our system has different prices for books with and without software.
How do you determine buyback values?
Buyback values are based on anticipated future demand for a book and current stock level. NDSCS will pay up to 50% of the new textbook price for used textbooks adopted for an upcoming term, since the bookstore is also partnering with MBS Books, we are able to buy back more books since the demand is based on thousands of colleges and universities throughout the nation.
What is an ISBN number?
ISBN stands for International Standard Book Number. It is a unique identification number assigned to every book sold anywhere in the world. The ISBN allows a title to be located quickly and accurately, wherever it is sold.
Where do I find a book's ISBN number?
An ISBN is usually located on the back of a book, or you can find it in the inside front cover of your book near the copyright date.