Textbook Rental Policy
Spring 2020 Textbook Rental - Returns Process
Rented textbooks must be received by May 22, 2020 to avoid non-return charges.
- Rented textbooks should be shipped to the NDSCS Bookstore in Wahpeton,
Dropped off at the Mail Center between 8:00 a.m and 4:00 p.m. (Monday to Friday), May 4 to May 22, 2020.
- Do not ship or drop off textbooks in Fargo.
- Due to the COVID-19, you may request a pre-paid UPS shipping label from the Bookstore.
- To request a pre-paid label, email [email protected] In your request, put "Textbook Rental Label Request" in your subject line. Include your name, mailing address, and your student ID in your email.
- The Bookstore will then email you a UPS prepaid shipping label. Please print the label and follow the instructions regarding mailing your package. Securely attach the label to the top of the box. Make sure there is only one mailing label on the box you are using. Then, ship us your books. Note that the postage paid UPS label does not insure your package. Should you desire to insure your package, we suggest you purchase those services from UPS at your expense.
- We are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged books.
- Packages must arrive at the NDSCS Bookstore by the due date.
- Please include your full name, address, phone number, email, student id number, and list of books being returned
Ship Textbook Rentals to:
Attn: Textbook Rental Returns
800 6th Street North
Wahpeton, ND 58076
Textbook Rental Policy agreement
When you rent textbooks, you enter into a textbook rental agreement with the North Dakota State College of Science Bookstore to loan you one copy of the selected textbook title. Rental textbooks are the intellectual property of the author(s) and are copyrighted by the author(s) or publishers. Textbook rentals are not to be reproduced. The textbook rental agreement is only effective for the current semester.
Per terms of this agreement, you are responsible for the following:
- NDSCS Student ID is required at time of the textbook rental transaction.
- All titles for rent are property of the NDSCS Bookstore.
- You are responsible for inspecting the condition of your material(s). Any existing damage must be reported to the NDSCS Bookstore within 5 days of rental. You will be responsible for any damage upon return of the rental.
- Materials are to be returned in the appropriate condition; clean, limited writing, highlighting, and notes - No smoke, fire or water/liquid damage. You agree to be billed for the replacement price of the textbook if any items are damaged or missing.
- If you would like to keep your rental materials, you may convert your rental to a purchase through the last day of the current semester, or wait for the non-return rental charge to your securing credit card on file.
- When returning a rented textbook, your NDSCS Student ID card must be presented in order to properly return the textbook on your account. (Failure to follow this instruction may result in the book not being credited to your account and will be treated as an un-returned book.)
- Materials not returned by the due date will be billed at the replacement price (Purchase Price - Rented Price = Replacement Price) and will be charged to your securing credit card, if your card declines, your student account will be billed and a hold will be placed on your student account.
- Textbooks rented at the NDSCS Bookstore may be returned for a full refund if with-in the Bookstore's return policy.