Textbook Rental Policy
When you rent textbooks, you enter into a textbook rental agreement with the North Dakota State College of Science Bookstore to loan you one copy of the selected textbook title. Rental textbooks are the intellectual property of the author(s) and are copyrighted by the author(s) or publishers. Textbook rentals are not to be reproduced. The textbook rental agreement is only effective for the current semester - FALL 2020.
Per terms of this agreement, you are responsible for the following:
- NDSCS Student ID is required at time of the textbook rental transaction.
- All titles for rent are property of the NDSCS Bookstore.
- You are responsible for inspecting the condition of your material(s). Any existing damage must be reported to the NDSCS Bookstore within 5 days of rental. You will be responsible for any damage upon return of the rental.
- Materials are to be returned in the appropriate condition; clean, limited writing, highlighting, and notes - No smoke, fire or water/liquid damage. You agree to be billed for the replacement price of the textbook if any items are damaged or missing.
- If you would like to keep your rental materials, you may convert your rental to a purchase through the last day of the current semester or wait for the non-return rental charge to your securing credit card on file.
- When returning a rented textbook, your NDSCS Student ID card must be presented in order to properly return the textbook on your account. (Failure to follow this instruction may result in the book not being credited to your account and will be treated as an un-returned book.)
- Materials not returned by the due date will be billed at the replacement price (Purchase Price - Rented Price = Replacement Price) and will be charged to your securing credit card, if your card declines, your student account will be billed and a hold will be placed on your student account.
- Textbooks rented at the NDSCS Bookstore may be returned for a full refund if with-in the Bookstore's return policy.
Returning Your Textbook Rentals
Rented textbooks may be returned to the NDSCS Bookstore any time prior to the due date. Rental returns will also be accepted at NDSCS-Fargo during finals week.
If you are unable to return your book(s) to the Bookstore or the Fargo location, you may return your rented textbook(s) by mail:
- Please include your full name, address, phone number, email, student id number, and list of books being returned.
- Rental return shipments are at customers expense.
ALL (FALL 2020) RENTAL RETURNS MUST BE RECEIVED BY DECEMBER 28, 2020.
Send rental textbooks with the above information to:
Attn: Textbook Rental Returns
800 6th Street North
Wahpeton, ND 58076